4 WEEKS BEFORE THE MOVE
- Confirm the date of your move
- If you're renting, notify your landlord of your moving date
- Check your home insurance - make sure you have cover from the day you move in to your new home.
- Contact Peninsula Removals to confirm your moving date.
- Book extra storage space if required.
- Notify the relevant utility companies of your departure.
- Start getting rid of possessions you no longer need. Decide which items can be taken to a charity shop, or sold on.
- If you need new furniture or carpets - order them now and arrange delivery for when you move in.
- Look into local services you might require such as local window cleaners and gardeners.
- Register with the local Doctors, Dentists and other health care services.
10 DAYS BEFORE YOU MOVE
- Start packing non-essential items such as books and non-seasonal clothes into boxes.
- Contact your doctor, dentist and optician if you're moving out of the area.
- Visit the post office and arrange for your post to be forwarded (you will be charged a fee for this service).
- Notify your milkman and newspaper shop that you'll be moving and give them a date you want the service to stop.
- If you have children or pets, arrange for someone to look after them during the move.
- Make a list of everyone who should know about the move. Send out change of address ecards.
- Finalise arrangements with Peninsula Removals to confirm you will be ready for your move.
- Arrange a time to collect the keys for your new home from the estate agent.
- Notify then bank of any changes to direct debits and standing orders.
Inform your neighbours about your moving dates and ensure no other vehicles will be parked in front of your property.
- Confirm Key collection time and inform Peninsula Removals should any potential delays arise.
- Ensure your property has clear access for our team to park as close to your property as possible
NOW JUST RELAX AND LET OUR REMOVAL TEAM MAKE YOUR MOVE A SMOOTH AND PAINLESS ONE.